"We're having a culture war and Jesus happens to be one of the weapons tossed about by both sides." -- Amy-Jill Levine
Our Lenten Theme is “This Happened”. Together we will explore what being a follower of Jesus means in the day to day gift of living. On Wednesday nights (beginning February 21st through March 28th) from 6:00 – 7: 15 we’ll be exploring the “Saving Jesus” series. Topics will include:
Intro: Jesus Through the Ages
- Who was Jesus?
- What Can We Know About Jesus (and How)?
- The World into Which Jesus Was Born
- Jesus' Birth: Incarnation
- Teachings of Jesus: Wisdom Tradition
- Jesus' Program: The Kingdom of God
- Jesus' Ministry of Compassion
- Who Killed Jesus?
- The Atonement
- The Resurrection of Christ
- Why Jesus Is Worth Saving
Pastor Elizabeth will be leading this time of discussion and exploration. Come for CU Wednesday dinner and stay for soul food!