“Every one, though born of God in an instant, yea and sanctified in an instant, yet undoubtedly grows by slow degrees…”
-John Wesley, 27 June 1760
We invite you to confirm your faith, not “conform” your faith.
We invite you to walk this spiritual path that is both journey and destination. It is as close as the quiet whispers of the heart and as far reaching as every country in the world. We invite you to join us as we challenge ourselves and grow intentionally in relationship with God and church family.
We are starting a new thing, this 2018.
Confirmation is now not just for our 8th-9th grade students, although we still intentionally invite students of this age into the process:
All are welcome to commit to this 2-year journey.
Do you want to ask the tough questions in community? Are you willing to step out and wrestle with the gray areas, the uncertainties, and the answers? Do you want to encounter God in a real, life-giving way? You will not walk away looking like anyone else, or everyone else: you will walk away becoming more deeply YOU, who God created you to be. We are not about cookie-cutter faith here.
Here are the expectations:
• Class attendance: See the schedule sheet at the end. We ask you prayerfully talk with your families, coaches, extra-curricular leaders and teachers about this schedule. They can contact us with questions, too. We ask that you be on time and that you participate in every class. Of course, things happen, once-in-a-lifetime trip opportunities happen, grandparents need visiting out of state. But
we ask you make this commitment your priority for these 6-8 week
increments. We promise you will not regret this season!
• Church attendance 3x a month: Can’t make it one week? No worries, our services are online!! To keep track and keep learning together, we’ll ask for a paragraph written (by hand, typed, texted, emailed, whatever!) of sermon and service notes 3 times a month. You’ll give these to your small group leader the next Wednesday.
• For youth: March confirmation retreat: March 1-2, 2019!
• One “challenge” opportunity per semester (spring/fall): These include any offsite trips (Boundary Waters, ASP, Fall service days, The Event) or internal opportunities (Greeting, ushering, Vacation Bible school service). You’ll check in with your small group leader to confirm participation.
• Family participation: a parent, guardian or mentor is expected to be at confirmation every week.
The night’s schedule looks like this:
5:30 pm: CU Wednesdays dinner (optional)
6:00 pm: Large group music, play and teaching time in the ECC
7:00 pm: Small group time
7:30 pm: Pickup time
Schedule is as follows:
October 3-November 18: Every Wednesday except October 17th (break for MEA)
February 6-April 10: every Wednesday (except March 27: break for Spring Break)
March 1-2: retreat in Minneapolis
May 18: Dinner banquet for confirmation families
May 19: Confirmation Sunday
Call or email the office and talk to pastors Katy and Elizabeth, co-teachers this year!
Revs. Katy and Elizabeth