Do you have questions or need more information on youth programs? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay in the loop! :
Middle School Small Group:
This group meets at 10:15 am Sundays in the Bell Room! Just show up, or sign up by contacting Carrie Robinson-Cannon (email@example.com)
High School Small Group:
This group meets at 10:15 Sundays in the Senior high room! Get involved by contacting Brent Ackerman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
“Every one, though born of God in an instant, yea and sanctified in an instant, yet undoubtedly grows by slow degrees…”
-John Wesley, 27 June 1760
We invite you to confirm your faith, not “conform” your faith.
We invite you to walk this spiritual path that is both journey and destination. It is as close as the quiet whispers of the heart and as far reaching as every country in the world. We invite you to join us as we challenge ourselves and grow intentionally in relationship with God and church family.
We are starting a new thing, this 2018.
Confirmation is now not just for our 8th-9th grade students, although we still intentionally invite students of this age into the process:
All are welcome to commit to this 2-year journey.
Do you want to ask the tough questions in community? Are you willing to step out and wrestle with the gray areas, the uncertainties, and the answers? Do you want to encounter God in a real, life-giving way? You will not walk away looking like anyone else, or everyone else: you will walk away becoming more deeply YOU, who God created you to be. We are not about cookie-cutter faith here.
Here are the expectations:
· Class attendance: See the schedule sheet at the end. We ask you prayerfully talk with your families, coaches, extra-curricular leaders and teachers about this schedule. They can contact us with questions, too. We ask that you be on time and that you participate in every class. Of course, things happen, once-in-a-lifetime trip opportunities happen, grandparents need visiting out of state. But we ask you make this commitment your priority for these 6-8 week increments. We promise you will not regret this season!
· Church attendance 3x a month: Can’t make it one week? No worries, our services are online!! To keep track and keep learning together, we’ll ask for a paragraph written (by hand, typed, texted, emailed, whatever!) of sermon and service notes 3 times a month. You’ll give these to your small group leader the next Wednesday.
· For youth: March confirmation retreat: March 1-2, 2019!
· One “challenge” opportunity per semester (spring/fall): These include any offsite trips (Boundary Waters, ASP, Fall service days, The Event) or internal opportunities (Greeting, ushering, Vacation Bible school service). You’ll check in with your small group leader to confirm participation.
· Family participation: a parent, guardian or mentor is expected to be at confirmation every week.
The night’s schedule looks like this:
5:30 pm: CU Wednesdays dinner (optional)
6:00 pm: Large group music, play and teaching time in the ECC
7:00 pm: Small group time
Pickup at 7:30
Schedule is as follows:
October 3-November 18th: Every Wednesday except October 17th (break for MEA)
February 6-April 10th every Wednesday (except March 27: break for Spring Break)
March 1-2nd retreat in Minneapolis
Dinner banquet for confirmation families: May 18th
Confirmation Sunday: May 19th
Middle School Boundary Waters Trip
The last week in July, 6-9th grade students head north to Camp Kowakan for a Boundary Waters experience! Canoeing, hiking, time away from smartphones, time in community and time with God in the wilderness. Sign up by contacting Pastor Katy (email@example.com)
High School Mission Trip: ASP
See the "Outreach" page for more information: the 9-12th grade students head to Kentucky every year in July for a service week!
Fall 2018 schedule:
September 9: Weekly middle and high school connect groups (10:15 am Sundays in youth hallway) begins!
September 23: Fall youth kick off!!!
Appalachia Service Project (High School Mission Trip) Info meeting: October 1, 7 pm
October 3-November 14: Confirmation on Wednesdays
October 7: Blessing of the Bibles: confirmation youth!!
October 21: High school hang out: ROCA climbing, 4-6
October 28: Trunk or treat 4-6, middle school set up for haunted house 12-4
November 2-4: 5th-7th grade retreat, “THE EVENT”
November 11: Fall helping hands: all-high school service day + hot chocolate
December: White elephant parties for middle school and high school, dates TBD
To stay updated on youth life @ CUMC, follow us on Facebook (CUMC Youth) and get on Katy’s weekly newsletter email list! Also, follow Elena Schultz on Snapchat. 😊 Above, high school only is in gold, middle school in purple, mixed in black