Christ UMC is blessed with a duplex on our property. Currently the top floor unit is rented through the year.
Beginning in April we will use the lower duplex unit (two bedrooms) as a hospitality house for those seeking short-term housing in Rochester. Our first guest will be a UM pastor and her family from Flint, Michigan. They are overjoyed to have found shelter during the time they are going to Mayo.
We need your help to create a space that is welcoming, safe, and warm (sound like ASP making homes safer, drier and warmer?). There are opportunities to help, purchases to be made, furnishings to secure, cleaning to be done and set up of the space.
· We are requesting new items for everything but furniture.
· A wish list is posted on the CUMC web site, along with a link to a registry created at Target but items may certainly be purchased anyplace.
· Review/shop Target gift Registry either IN the store (customer service) or online using this link: tgt.gifts/CUMCHospitalityHouse
Purchases made online through this gift registry may be sent directly to CUMC with no shipping expense. How Easy Is That?
· The wish list will also be posted in the Commons April 1.
Please help keep the list updated to avoid duplicates. If you make a purchase, please mark it on the list in the Commons, drop Wendy Francis an email, or call the CUMC receptionist so they can check it off the list. (THANK YOU to our volunteer Receptionists)
· While most items requested should be new, furniture, tables, and lamps in excellent, clean condition are perfectly acceptable. Please communicate with Wendy Francis if you have something to donate so we don’t end up with multiple couches. J
Cleaning and Organizing:
· April 16th we SPRING CLEAN this space and pull all of our donated items together. All cleaning supplies will be provided. Bring your cleaning gloves, meet at the duplex at 10:00 a.m. and let’s make this place sparkle. There will be a job for everyone as we add the finishing touches for our anticipated guests. Let Wendy know if you can help. Many hands will make light work of this, and organizing the space is the fun part.
To Do Now:
· View the full wish list on the CUMC web site, or in the Commons, beginning April 1.
· Purchase or donate. (ok to drop purchases at CUMC)
· Help Clean and set things up. (4/16) Volunteer today.
· Watch for updates in the bulletins of additional items needed.
· Pray for this ministry.
For questions, general information, information about purchases, or to be part of the Hospitality House Committee, contact Wendy Francis at email@example.com.
Please consider how you are called to help in this powerful ministry of hospitality.